Appeal by June 3, 2013
Take notice that the following permit for proposed development as described below has been issued in accordance with the Lamont County Land Use Bylaw No. 675/07.
Legal Description: SE 27-56-20-W4
Land Use: Heartland Industrial District (HI)
Proposal: Temporary lay down yard/storage yard
Permit No.: 016/13
For additional information regarding these permits, please contact the Planning and Development Department at (780) 895-2233.
The Land Use Bylaw provides that the person applying for the permit or affected by the order, or any other person affected by an order, decision or development permit of a Development Authority may appeal to the Subdivision and Development Appeal Board within fourteen (14) days after the date of notice.
Appeal Fee – $200.00
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy ActIf you submit comments, either orally or in writing, the information you provide may be recorded, or otherwise made public, subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The following roads are reopened for traffic:
RR 203 between hwy 38 and twp 564
RR 183 between hwy 16 and twp 530
RR 180 between hwy 15 and twp 542
Twp 550 between RR 174- 173
Twp 544 between 173- 174
RR 164 between twp 550- 544
RR 161 between twp 544- 550
Twp 514 between hwy 855 and RR 164
Twp 540 between RR 172 and 173
Twp 564 between Hwy 831 and RR 195
The following roads are still closed to traffic:
Twp 564 between hwy 831 and RR195
RR 193 between Twp 564 – 562
RR 183 between hwy 15 and twp 544
RR182 between hwy 15 and twp 542
Effective 2:00PM May 7, 2013, Lamont County has imposed a County wide fire ban including all open burning, the use of burning barrels, the use of all wood fires for cooking and smudges. The County urges everyone to use extreme caution when using ATV’s.
Over the past week several Lamont County road warning signs have been stolen from various locations within the County. Not only is this a criminal offense and very dangerous to other drivers on the roads but it’s also expensive to rate payers (60x60cm signs cost between $90-$120).
If any of these signs made their way to the yard of someone you know please see that they are put safely to the side of a Lamont County road where they can be collected by public works.
Due to the snow fall in winter and spring melt it has created numerous Road Hazards in the County.
As of Monday, April 29, 2013 there are currently 10 road closures with approximately 80 washout locations in the County. These numbers could change daily. Drive with caution. If you find unmarked washouts in the County please contact Lamont County Public Works @ 780-895-2547.
Road Closure Locations:
- RR203 Between Hwy38 & Twp562
- RR161 Between Twp550 & Twp544
- RR182 Between Hwy15 & Twp544
- Twp544 Between RR173 & RR174
- Twp540 Between RR172 & RR173
- Twp550 Between RR173 & RR174
- Twp514 West Between Hwy855 and RR164 – REOPENED April 30th
- RR164 Between Twp544 & Twp550 (1/4 mile south of Twp550)
- RR183 Between Hwy15 and Twp544
- RR183 Between Hwy16 & Twp530
- Twp 564 Between Hwy 831 and RR 195
Please use extreme caution on all our roads, as these are only a few of what we suspect will be many roads in the coming days to wash away.
View Larger Map
**Correction** The April 23rd issue of the inFocus has this position listed as part-time. The position is in fact full time and a correction will be printed in next weeks inFocus. Thanks.
Lamont County is currently seeking a team-oriented and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Peace Officer. This full time role of Peace Officer will be enforcing Municipal By-Laws and Provincial Statutes as approved by Alberta Justice. This position needs an individual who has the ability to effectively communicate with the public and liaise with the R.C.M.P., and other agencies/municipalities as required.
This permanent position plays a key role in the following:
- The development and formation of the municipalities Peace Officer Program to fulfill all aspects of the Peace Officer Act.
- Respond to complaints from the public and other County departments regarding violations of County bylaws and Provincial Statutes.
- Conduct investigations, collect evidence and deal directly with complainants and violators, resolve issues through court action, warnings or mediation. Enter all investigations into County software system.
- Conduct public education and awareness presentations and displays.
- Liaise with the R.C.M.P., Peace Officers from other municipalities or law enforcement officials for the purpose of carrying out the duties of the position.
- Recommend additions or amendments to bylaws.
- Perform Animal Control duties as required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Completed Alberta Solicitor General Peace Officer Program Training.
- Current appointment as a Community Peace Officer 1 or the ability to be appointed as one upon hire.
- A minimum of three to five years operational enforcement duties would be considered an asset.
- A valid Physical Abilities Requirement Evaluation (PARE) certificate past within the last six (6) months.
- Possess a valid Standard First Aid including CPR and AED Certification.
- All training required by the Solicitor General.
- Experience in Commercial Vehicle Weights and Measures enforcement and Traffic Enforcement would be considered an asset.
- A class 5 driver’s license, including a current clean driver’s abstract and a clear criminal records check will be required before commencement of employment.
Lamont County offers a competitive compensation package with an annual salary range of $72,700.00 to $88,700.00/year. This competition closes upon selection of a suitable candidate. Please forward your resume/application to:
Human Resources Department
5303 – 50 Avenue, Lamont, AB T0B 2R0
Fax: (780) 895-7404
Lamont County thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Download more information here.
What does turnaround season in Alberta’s Heartland mean for you?
Click here to find out.