Alternative Crop Seminar
Posted on Monday January 11, 2016 at 01:19PM
This seminar is FULL. Thanks to everyone who registered!
Are you looking for ways to lengthen your crop rotation?
Tighter field-crop rotations are leading to problems: increased disease prevalence, more insect pressure, and herbicide resistant weeds.
Lamont County Agriculture Service Board is hosting an Alternative Crop Seminar to offer some ideas to help aid in diversification of field-crop operations.
Date: Thursday, February 11, 2016
Location: St. Michael Hall
Time: 12:30-4:00 p.m.
The following speakers will be in attendance:
- Nevin Rosaasen, Alberta Pulse Growers – “Pulse Production in Alberta”
- Dr. Jan Slaski, Alberta Innovates-Technology Futures – “Industrial hemp production for food and fibre” and “Production of flax in the North-Central Prairies”
- Grant Lastiwka, Alberta Agriculture and Forestry – “Forages for profit, above and below the ground”
*Light lunch will be provided, with presentations starting at 1:00 p.m.
Free Event. Pre-registration is required.
Register prior to Friday, February 5, 2016 by contacting Bonnie Chudyk at firstname.lastname@example.org or (780) 895-2585.
Author: Lamont County
Comment on our article:
- Winter Road Maintenance and Snow Removal
- Industrial Advisory Committee Members At-Large Needed
- Development Permit Issued - Discretionary Use
- Development Permits Issued - Discretionary Use
- Lifestock Tax Deferral Provision
- Holiday Office Closures
- Notice of Appeal Decision
- Stephen Hill Appointed Chief Administrative Officer
- Emergency Farm Plan Session