Lamont County borders on and provides easy access to the North Saskatchewan River, providing a water source for industrial plants.
The Capital Region Vegreville Corridor Water Line runs through Lamont County to provide potable resources.
Lamont County is in the process of planning the construction of an industrial water reservoir adjacent to the industrial area.
On site treatment is required. Contact Alberta Environmental Protection for regulatory requirements.
AESO is planning major transmission reinforcement in the Industrial Heartland area to respond to the significant growth in this area.
Three phase power (25k V) is concentrated in the Bruderheim area, 2.5 km north of Highway 15 to serve existing plants. Services larger than 13 MV.A can sometimes be handled by distribution but often require transmission direct connect service.
- AESO Inquiries 403.539.2615
- Alta Link Transmission Service 403.867.4276
- ATCO Electric Call Centre 800.668.2248
- Direct Energy Customer Service Inquiries 868.420.3181
- EPCOR Customer Service Inquiries 780.310.4300
- Fortis Alberta Stakeholder Relations 403.340.6032
- ATCO Gas Hamlet of Hilliard 800.668.2248
- Direct Energy Inquiries 866.420.3174
- Lamco Gas Other Rural Areas 780.895.2244
- MCSNet Internet 866.390.3928
- Shaw Business Service Inquiries 780.490.3555
- Telus Business Service Inquiries 780.310.3100
- Lamont County’s transportation network provides:
- Easy and efficient access to and from major markets
- Cost effective access to major international ports
- Reduced expenditures on transportation logistics, distribution and inventory costs
Major Highways include:
- Highway 16 (Yellowhead / Trans Canada Highway)
- Highway 15
- Highway 45
- Highway 29
Secondary Highways include:
- Highway 831
- Highway 834
Lamont County boasts extensive rail access by both Canadian National and Canadian Pacific. These are Canada’s largest railways with transcontinental systems and U.S. connections.
Lamont County is one of the few areas in Canada where both railways intersect.
Rail provides east-west regional service for industries within Alberta’s Industrial Heartland to Edmonton and Calgary, and direct access to U.S. through Chicago and to the Gulf of Mexico.
- Canadian National Commercial and Industrial Services 780.421.6417
- Canadian Pacific Commercial and Industrial Services 780.672.5782
Lamont County is serviced by three airports:
- Edmonton International Airport
- Edmonton Municipal Airport
- Josephberg Airport
Lamont County offers a unique advantage gained from the historic existence of a Devonian era lake. Salt caverns exist throughout the County. Information can be obtained on the salt caverns by contacting Alberta Environment at 780.427.9563.
Information on licensing can be obtained by contacting the Alberta Energy and Utilities Board at 780.297.8553.