Development includes the carrying out of any construction, excavation, stockpiling or other operation, in, on, over or under land, or the making of any change in the use or intensity of use of any land or building either permanently or temporarily.
Determining whether your project requires a development permit depends on specific criteria outlined in Land Use Bylaw 675/07. Your development/use is also subject to the Land Use Classification (zoning) of the land to be developed or used. Before beginning any development, contact the Planning & Development Department for requirements specific to your anticipated developments or uses.
Download Permit Applications
Development Permit Application Packages by Type:
- Residential Development Permit Application Package (.pdf)
- Commercial Development Permit Application Package (.pdf)
- Industrial Development Permit Application Package (.pdf)
- Natural Resource Development Permit Application Package (.pdf)
- Recreational Development Permit Application Package (.pdf)
Additional Development Forms & Applications
- General Development Permit Application (.pdf)
- Development Not Requiring Permit Information (.pdf)
- Farm Use Declaration Form (.pdf)
- Home Occupation Information (.pdf)
- Wind Energy Information (.pdf)
- Roadside Development Agreement (Along Provincial Highway) (.pdf)
Safety Codes Permits
Most types of construction projects require both a Development Permit along with a Building Permit. This includes major renovations to existing buildings as well as the construction of new buildings. The Inspections Group Inc is appointed by Lamont County to issue building permits, electrical permits, gas permits, plumbing permits, and sewage permits. Contact The Inspections Group Inc online or toll free at 1-866-554-5048 for additional information.