Request a Fire PermitFire Permit Guidelines
Fire Permit Checklist
Please note that there is no burning of brush piles in Lamont County between April 1st and October 31st as per Lamont County Policy #4135
No Burning in the Skaro Fire AreaPlease be advised Lamont County Emergency Services allows fire permits to be issued with the exception of the area that encompasses the Skaro Fire Area. Excluded locations are listed below:
- Twp Road 582 from Hwy 831 to Range Road 185
- South on Range Road 185 to Twp Road 572
- West on Twp Road 572 to Hwy 831
Fire Permit Important InformationThere is no burning of brush piles in Lamont County between April 1st and October 31st as per Lamont County Policy #4135, unless otherwise stated.
Fire permits are required for any type of burn year round. Fire permits are no charge and can be issued online or at Andrew, Bruderheim, Lamont, and Mundare administration offices. Some important things to remember about your fire permit:
- First call the Lamont County Fire Advisory Line at 780-895-7674 listen for information on current fire ban status.
- Read the section of the permit relating to wind conditions and the phone number for the weather station.
- It is strongly recommended that you have fire insurance.
- Read both sides of the permit; side 1 has regulations and side 2 has the bylaws & conditions.
- If you do not obtain a fire permit and the fire department responds to a report of a fire on your property, even if your burn is contained, you will be responsible for the costs associated with the dispatching of the fire units to your property.