2020 Tax Recovery Sale
Posted on Monday October 26, 2020 at 09:05AM
Notice is hereby given that, under the provisions of the Municipal Government Act, Lamont County will offer for sale, by public auction, in the Council Chambers, Lamont, Alberta on Wednesday October 28, 2020 at 10:00 a.m., the following lands:
1. The properties shall be offered for sale on an "as is, where is" basis and Lamont County makes no representation and gives no warranty whatsoever including, but not limited to, the adequacy of services, soil conditions, land use districting, building and development conditions, absence or presence of environmental contamination, or the developability of the subject land for any intended use by the Purchaser. No bid will be accepted where the bidder attempts to attach conditions precedent to the sale of any parcel. No terms and conditions of sale will be considered other than those specified by Lamont County.
2. The properties listed above shall be subject to the tax sale if the total outstanding property tax arrears remain outstanding prior to the tax sale.
3. The properties will be offered for sale by auction, subject to a reserve bid and to certain registrations shown on the existing certificate of title as described in section 423(1) of the Municipal Government Act.
4. A non-refundable deposit equal to 10% of purchase price, by bank draft or by lawyer’s trust cheque shall be due on sale date, with the balance of the purchase price due on closing.
5. Successful bidders agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of Lamont County’s standard Tax Sale Agreement, a copy of which shall be made available to prospective bidders at the Lamont County Office prior to the tax sale. Prospective bidders will be required to register in advance of the public auction.
6. Lamont County may, after the tax sale, become the owner of any parcel of land not sold at the public auction.
7. All sales are subject to current taxes.
8. GST may apply on properties sold at the public auction.
9. Redemption may be effected by payment of all arrears of taxes and costs at any time prior to the date of the sale. Properties may be deleted from this sale as the tax arrears and costs are paid.
Author: Lamont County
Comment on our article:
Posts By Date
- Register Now for Seniors Bon Appetit Bingo!
- Lamont County COVID-19 Status Update
- Road Closure Notice TWP 572
- Emergency Preparedness Week May 3-8
- Development Permit Issued - Discretionary Use
- Beware of Beaver Traps!
- Lamont County Staff Member Covid-19 Positive
- 2021 Dust Abatement Program
- Right-of-Way Hay Permit Applications
- A.S.B. (59)
- A.S.B., Community (9)
- A.S.B., Economic Development (1)
- A.S.B., Enforcement Services (2)
- A.S.B., Fcss (2)
- A.S.B., Notices (13)
- Announcement (28)
- Asb (2)
- Calc (7)
- Communications (28)
- Communications, Local News (3)
- Community (13)
- Community, Economic Development (7)
- Community, Employment (1)
- Community, Engagement (1)
- Community, Events (2)
- Community, Family Programming (1)
- Community, Fcss (2)
- Economic Development (11)
- Emergency Services (21)
- Emergency Services, Notices (10)
- Enforcement Services, Notices (1)
- Fcss (14)
- Finance (1)
- Finance, Notices (7)
- For Sale (3)
- For Sale, Public Works (1)
- Human Resources (1)
- Local News (7)
- News Release (1)
- Notice (6)
- Notice, Roads (2)
- Notices (76)
- Notices, Community (9)
- Notices, Covid 19 (1)
- Notices, Emergency Services (7)
- Notices, News Release (2)
- Notices, Planning Development (14)
- Notices, Planning Development (5)
- Notices, Planning Development (63)
- Notices, Public Hearing, Roads (1)
- Notices, Public Works, Roads (21)
- Notices, Sdab (2)
- Notices, Utilities (6)
- Planning Development (7)
- Press Releases (7)
- Public Works (19)
- Public Works, Communications (1)
- Public Works, Roads (7)
- Public Works, Roads, Notices (12)
- Public Works, Roads, Notices, emergency services (1)
- Public Works, Tender (1)
- Roads (1)