UPDATED - Lamont County Under COVID-19 Watch
Posted on Tuesday November 10, 2020 at 08:40AM
As of November 9, 2020, Lamont County's COVID-19 cases have dropped to nine, and Alberta Health has dropped our status back to "Open". Residents are asked to continue safe hygene practices, and are strongly encouraged to restrict social gatherings below 15 people.
Active COVID-19 cases in Lamont County have reached 10 as of November 3, 2020, and as a result the county has been placed under “Watch” status for COVID-19 for the first time.
Lamont County has been informed that these 10 active cases include four non-community exposure cases and six unknown-source cases; seven out of the 10 cases are in people 30 years or older. No outbreak has been identified.
Lamont County urges all residents to continue to do their part to stop the spread of COVID-19 in our communities.
Wash or sanitize your hands often, cover your coughs and sneezes, avoid touching your face, and keep physical distancing. Stay at least two metres (six feet) away from others when in public or social settings, wear a mask, and limit the number of people you come into close contact with; it is mandatory that gatherings be no larger than 15 people.
Monitor your symptoms! COVID-19 symptoms are similar to influenza and other respiratory illnesses and can range from mild to severe. Even people with mild symptoms can spread COVID-19 to others. If you have any symptom, especially cough, fever, difficulty breathing, or loss of taste and/or smell, stay home and take the online assessment to arrange testing.
Albertans are legally required to isolate for 10 days if they have any core symptoms not related to a pre-existing illness or health condition, and to quarantine for 14 days if they are a close contact of someone with COVID-19 or if they travelled outside Canada.
(*Image from Government of Alberta)
Author: Lamont County
Comment on our article:
Posts By Date
- Register Now for Seniors Bon Appetit Bingo!
- New Snow Angels Program
- Statistics Canada is Hiring!
- Smoky Lake County/Lamont County IDP Online Public Engagement
- Development Permits Issued - Discretionary Use
- 2020 Clubroot Map Now Available
- 2021 Schedule of Fees Changes
- Land Rental Tender
- Holiday Office Closure
- A.S.B. (59)
- A.S.B., Community (8)
- A.S.B., Economic Development (1)
- A.S.B., Enforcement Services (2)
- A.S.B., Fcss (2)
- A.S.B., Notices (11)
- Announcement (28)
- Asb (2)
- Calc (7)
- Communications (28)
- Communications, Local News (3)
- Community (12)
- Community, Economic Development (7)
- Community, Employment (1)
- Community, Events (2)
- Community, Family Programming (1)
- Community, Fcss (1)
- Economic Development (11)
- Emergency Services (20)
- Emergency Services, Notices (6)
- Enforcement Services, Notices (1)
- Fcss (14)
- Finance (1)
- Finance, Notices (7)
- For Sale (3)
- For Sale, Public Works (1)
- Human Resources (1)
- Local News (7)
- News Release (1)
- Notice (3)
- Notice, Roads (1)
- Notices (75)
- Notices, Community (9)
- Notices, Covid 19 (1)
- Notices, Emergency Services (6)
- Notices, News Release (2)
- Notices, Planning Development (14)
- Notices, Planning Development (5)
- Notices, Planning Development (59)
- Notices, Public Hearing, Roads (1)
- Notices, Public Works, Roads (20)
- Notices, Sdab (2)
- Notices, Utilities (6)
- Planning Development (7)
- Press Releases (7)
- Public Works (18)
- Public Works, Communications (1)
- Public Works, Roads (7)
- Public Works, Roads, Notices (10)
- Public Works, Roads, Notices, emergency services (1)
- Public Works, Tender (1)
- Roads (1)