From time to time Lamont County Roads are restricted because of the road condition, maintenance, or seasonal conditions such as spring thaw. View the current weight restrictions, effective August 12, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. (effective until further notice).Remember, driving overweight on soft spring roads creates ruts that are very expensive and time consuming to repair. Please consider your fellow rate payers and abide by the weight restriction by-laws. Be kind to your roads.
Road Use AgreementsA Road Use Agreement may be entered into for companies who will provide a Bond for the portion of road being used. For further information on Road Use Agreements, please contact the Public Works Office at 780-895-2547.
Overweight/Overdimensional PermitsLamont County has centralized the overweight/overdimensional permits with Roadata Services Ltd.
Current Restrictions / ClosuresPublic Works continue to make progress upgrading and maintaining Lamont County infrasturcture. Please obey all road closure signs and barriers; anyone found not complying with road closures can be charged $243 for failure to obey a traffic control device. Anyone found responsible for damaging signs or barricades can be charged with criminal mischief.
If you find a county road in need of maintenance, please submit an Online Service Request or contact Public Works at 780-895-2547.
Current Road Closures - Updated December 16, 2020
- RR 155 between Hwy 45 & Twp 565
- RR 181 between Twp 564 and Twp 563
- RR 185 North of HWY 45 to TWP 572
- RR 192 between TWP 562 & 564
- TWP 544 between HWY 855 & RR 170
- TWP 564 between Hwy 45 & RR 155
Weight Restrictions (updates pending)
- BF1691 - Township Road 572 over Egg Creek near Andrew (SE 18-57-16-W4) – 3 tonne restriction
- BF2461 - Range Road 180 over Limestone Creek near Andrew (NW 31-56-17-W4) – 20 tonne restriction
- BF1282 - Township Road 534, Bridge over Beaverhill Creek, near Hilliard, SW 30-53-17-W4M – 10 tonne restriction
Closures:Bridge 6946 Range Road 184
Location: 1/2 mile North of Highway 15 on Range Road 184
*Due to collapse, closed indefinitely – bridge structure belongs to the Village of Chipman